When it comes to planning a wedding, your budget can be one of the major stress factors. Whether you are paying for your own nuptials or having help from your family, breaking the budget is bound to cause friction. It may be tough but we have tips to help you stay on task.
1. Long before you begin planning, establish a budget that you want to stay within. It is also important to make sure everyone involved in the planning knows what your allowance is so you all stay within your means.
2. Once you create a budget, set your priorities. Allocate a portion of your budget to individual categories such as catering, photography, transportation and more. Sit down and decide which things are must haves for your wedding and give a percentage of your resources to that category. It is easy to get caught up in all the wedding extras.
3. Be sure to leave room in the budget for incidentals. There are bound to be unexpected costs.
4. Before you settle on a vendor shop around. It is important to see what vendors you like and get quotes from them before you settle on one. You may be able to find something similar for a better price.
5. If you are crafty DIYs will help you lessen costs. Creating your own favors and invitations can make a big difference in your budget.
6. Stay in season. By using flowers and food items that are in season, your expenses will be less. It can be costly for caterers and florists to import items that are out of season.
7. Lastly as the wedding planning progresses, don’t neglect your budget! Be sure to keep close track of your costs and constantly check in with the status of resources.
Follow these tips to stay within your matrimonial means. Try your best not stress and remember what the day is really about!